Saturday, April 5, 2014

Castle Greyhawk: Out of the Frying Pan

I'm a week behind on announcements as usual, so let's get to page twenty-one in the second chapter of our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Follow the links above to get extra exposition from literary maestro Scott Casper. Alternatively you can view the pages HERE, courtesy of Maldin's Greyhawk.

Artist's Commentary: Scott is always pushing me to try new things it seems, so when I read the script for this page I was quite inspired. This format is unlike any we've done before plus it's execution was both simple (with the three close-ups) and complex (with the new look flame effects). The finish product is quite stunning if I may say so (it's also an obscure Trampier homage to boot). My favorite touch is how Drake's helmet is licked with fire. If those two bandits get out of this alive, all their gear is going to be a bit charred. Their anger on the other hand is already boiling over.

1 comment:

Mystic Scholar said...

Does this mean we'll be seeing more of Drake and Gronan?

Hehehehehehehehe!