Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Castle Greyhawk: Illusion Confusion

Welcome back to Castle Greyhawk! I'm a bit behind on promoting the current story so I hope you've kept up without me. If not, here is page sixteen in the second chapter of our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Follow the link above to get essential story text by ace author Scott Casper. Alternatively you can view the page HERE, courtesy of Maldin's Greyhawk.

Artist's Commentary: This page was fun to put together. Good angles and a lot of little background detail in the bandits. Though by now I am seeing this wooden fort in my dreams it may well be worth it as this battle escalates with the use of magic.
For me, illusions can be tricky to utilize in game. You want to fool all the players without resorting to mechanics, but sooner or later one well made character will disbelieve then clue everyone else in. I guess that's why mixing up real and fake attacks could be such a nasty combo. I'll have to remember this trick.

No comments: